how to import .ISO disk into my mac?

Reaction score
There's tons of information on how to burn an .ISO disk using disk utility and that is not my question. I have done that probably a hundred times, so I don't need to know how to do that. Here's what I'm needing.

I have a DVD that I want to put in my DVD drive on my macbook pro (I'm running OSX 10.5) and be able to burn (or copy or upload, not really sure what to call it), directly to my computer in the exact same format so that I can pull the DVD out and put in blank DVD's and copy the .ISO disk using disk utility. The problem is I don't know how to import the DVD so that it will stay in the same format for then burning new DVD's.

I have tried, duplicate and also copy to the desktop, but it creates a folder and then when I open it, it has like a 100 different files in there. I want it to stay together as data, the way it is on the DVD.

Does anyone know of a way to do this. or is there a way to copy it and then some type of program that will convert it back to an .ISO file for burning? I really need help in this as this is a project I was asked to do for work. It was given to me today and they would like 30 copies for employers by tomorrow and we don't have a duplicator or I would just use that route. thanks.

Jamie

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You create an Image of the loaded DVD into a .CDR and then burn that to a new DVD. This article should explain the details.

Regards

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks so much. That's what I started doing at first, but then I was concerned that it wouldn't work properly because of it having a different ending. .DMG instead of .ISO. Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.