Insanely Wierd Imac Problem

M

menace3054

So after tiger upgrade, i coudln't get the imac to connect to the computer. I went to the apple store with my router, and Imac today to see what the problem was. The "genius" i was assigned to was about 60 years old, and needed to use a magnifying glass to see everything. Second, he definately was no genius. He told me he fixed it, and it should work. I went home, same problem, didnt work. Went back a second time with airport only. They said airport was fine, come back with the computer. Went backa Third time with imac and router. Turns out that the imac can connect to every router except for mine. And that every computer in the apple store could connect to my router except for the imac. They had no idea what to do, so I had to leave both. Ill let you guys know what the deal was as soon as i get it back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Had you tried resetting the router? That usually does the trick whenever I was having problems

OP
M

menace3054

trpnmonkey41 said:
Had you tried resetting the router? That usually does the trick whenever I was having problems

yeah, thats why its wierd. every other computer works fine on the router, its this one imac. and this one imac works fine on ever other router, just not this one. I reset the router about 10 times

Reaction score
surely you could just trade it in and get a new one? I dont think i would have the patience to wait for them to fix it. Did they sell your model of router in the store?

Reaction score
Mr Sprout said:
surely you could just trade it in and get a new one? I dont think i would have the patience to wait for them to fix it. Did they sell your model of router in the store?

Replace the router.

I've had similar issues connecting certain PC's on my network to certain macs, where they will connect to some PC's and some mac's, but not all. The result is a big mess of not all the computers seeing each other. Oh well, I don't share enough files to bother with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.