OSX 10.5.8 Fusion compatibility?

Reaction score
I think I may have a compatibility issue, but recently my vmdk file to run XP with Fusion was corrupted. Now that I want to go back and give it all a clean install, I'm starting to wonder if my VMWare is too old anyway. Running X 10.5.8 but the Fusion version is 2.0.1. I'm not even sure if 2.0.1 supports 10.5.8. Any suggestions?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
There's no compatibility issues with the version. But the latest version for version 2 is "2.0.6" which should be a free upgrade for you. You may want to try that to see if that fixes issues. But the latest version of VMware Fusion is 3 which adds a lot of new features but if you use Windows XP for graphic processing, it might be a good time to pay for the upgrade. :)

Reaction score
I think I may have a compatibility issue, but recently my vmdk file to run XP with Fusion was corrupted. Now that I want to go back and give it all a clean install, I'm starting to wonder if my VMWare is too old anyway. Running X 10.5.8 but the Fusion version is 2.0.1. I'm not even sure if 2.0.1 supports 10.5.8. Any suggestions?

thanks
Fusion 2.0.1 should fine with 10.5.x - I ran most flavors of Fusion from 1.0 to 2.0.6 on Tiger and Leopard without too many issues. The upgrade to 2.0.6 is free, you might want to consider it.
Isn't the latest version of Leopard 10.5.11 or something like that? Since I changed to Snow Leopard, I've lost track of Leopard versions.

I run Fusion 2.0.6 on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a 32-bit MBP - it's stable and I haven't had any issues.

Reaction score
There's no compatibility issues with the version. But the latest version for version 2 is "2.0.6" which should be a free upgrade for you. You may want to try that to see if that fixes issues. But the latest version of VMware Fusion is 3 which adds a lot of new features but if you use Windows XP for graphic processing, it might be a good time to pay for the upgrade. :)
IMHO: Unless you are using Snow Leopard in 64-bit mode or you are running Vista / Windows 7, there is no good reason to upgrade to Fusion 3 right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
IMHO: Unless you are using Snow Leopard in 64-bit mode or you are running Vista / Windows 7, there is no good reason to upgrade to Fusion 3 right now.

The new version finally supports OpenGL 2.1 and Shader 3. A lot of the newer games I would have liked to play obsoletely required shader 3. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.