Microsoft Office 2008-Make it look like the PC version?

Reaction score
Hey all, i recently received a mac as a gift, and im getting used to it.

however, i strongly prefer the PC appearance/look/layout of Microsoft office specifically powerpoint/word. I was wondering if there is somekind of hack/modification/setting or something that i can do to have the layout of the PC version on my mac....

i just wanted to know if this is possible? if it is could someone please point me in the right direction? thank you.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
No it's not. You have to get use to how it's laid out of in the Mac version. T_T"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Here's a "hack" for you: install Windows via VMWare Fusion and install Office 2007. Enable the Unity option and it'll just be like running a native Mac application.

Reaction score
Here's a "hack" for you: install Windows via VMWare Fusion and install Office 2007. Enable the Unity option and it'll just be like running a native Mac application.

As above....

But note, the new formatting 'palette' in mac Office 2008 is rather good... with widescreen laptops it seems a good idea to use the width for more tools and leave the vertical as clutter free as possible... BUT there is NO way of getting rid of the heinous elements bar (!).

Here's how i have mine setup :-

wordscreenshot.gif

Word also doesn't open up same window size and zoom level as you left it... i posted a long post here about how i found out how to fix it and some good links to style use etc in Word...

Mac Office 2008 - Elements 'rant', auto size/zoom when open file & styles etc - Mac Forums

Coops

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
... i strongly prefer the PC appearance/look/layout of Microsoft office specifically powerpoint/word.

Missing from your stated preference is the specific version(s) of PP/Word that you are so enamored with. What will you do when the "Head Hacks" at MS decide it's time to "freshen up" your beloved a/l/l in a new version, and release a newer OS that your a/l/l will not run on? Will you hold out for as long as possible? (Eventually, something will give; hardware or other software that no longer functions.) Or, will you embrace the new look and just get used to it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.