10.5 on new macpro?

Reaction score
I've had a G5 dual core for about 3-years now and recently purchased a new 8-core Mac-Pro since I do primarily digital cinema/audio work and allot of the new codecs require an intel-core (and cause the G5 was getting a little slow for heavy HD work and rendering). The problem is, is that apple shipped the system with stupid Snow Leopard, which is fine for most of my apps... Except protools. Protools runs like complete garbage in Snow Leopard. It's practically unusable. I NEED to be able to run protools 8 right now and for the longest time I was screwed. After some fudging around I was able to target a disk in my G5 from my macbook, install, and successfully run my macbook's osx 10.5 on my G5. Which isn't all bad, because the G5 is a pretty good recording computer, but it would be nice to have it all on my new macpro, which won't boot 10.5 at all. Any ideas? Will the newer macpro's that shipped with Snow Leopard even boot 10.5?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It will work, you need to get yourself 10.5.6 retail disc, which you can order from Apple store.
You'll need to do a clean install though, as you you won't be able to put a new OS over an old OS, but, you can partition your drive if you want, and install both OS's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The newer Macs should boot and load 10.5 just fine. You need to buy the retail 10.5 disc and install from there. Doing what you did violated the Apples EULA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.