using gmail with the mac email app

Reaction score
When i first set up my gmail account with the standard email that comes on the Mac i didnt have any problems, as of this morning everything was working fine, now i am not receiving any emails. I have to physically go to gmail.com to get my email. I have tried to take me account offline and then put it online again, i just dont know how to fix it.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 09 version
Just checked mine ... it's working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Did u change anything on your Mac this morning; Are all other on-line services working; Any chance Gmail is in the middle of changing something. Of the many times my Mail has played up it is invariably MobileMe doing something. Give it a spell for an hour or 2 and try again.

OP
J
Reaction score
Did u change anything on your Mac this morning; Are all other on-line services working; Any chance Gmail is in the middle of changing something. Of the many times my Mail has played up it is invariably MobileMe doing something. Give it a spell for an hour or 2 and try again.

I havent changed anything, everything else is working fine. I dont have MobileMe, but i will continue to wait.

The error i get is :The server returned the error: The connection to the server “imap.gmail.com” on port 993 timed out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 09 version
Waiting seems like the best course of action for the moment ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Gmails iMap has kinks and occasionally will go down. It happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.