Problem publishing Mac projector files from CS4 Flash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66GHz Intel Xeon | 3GB RAMM | OSX10.6 | Adobe CS4
Hi

I have Mac Pro OSX 10.58 - CS 4 Creative Suite

I have been using Flash to produce projector files totally fine for months. However, today when I publish a Mac projector file I have come across a problem. Flash publishes a .app projector file OK, but, when I open it, it appears in the dock as if it were open but I don't see anything.

Any projector files I produced prior to today still play fine. But any projector files I have created today have the previously mentioned problem. I have tried creating a totally new FLA and publishing from that incase it was the FLA I was publishing from was to blame - same problem.

I have reinstalled Flash, but the error persists.

Today I also installed new software. I installed the Developer tools because I wanted to use PackageMaker. I also installed Xray. I have removed Xray incase that was at fault - but the problem still persists.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? or got a possible answer?

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I'm in the middle of a project that requires me to use Flash.

NB: SWF files published work fine.

Thank you

$Eric
:\

Reaction score
$tressed Eric, did you ever find a solution? I'm experiencing the same problem and haven't had any luck so far.

Thanks,
Luke

Reaction score
Sorry to kick this old topic up again, but I'm having the exact same problem since today :eek:

Does anyone know a solution? When I look inside the .app contents, the whole .swf file isn't even in there. tried to put it in there manually but that doesn't help.

Cheers,
Harry

Reaction score
Any solutions?

guys,m I've just come across this same issue using Flash CS5.5 on a PC publishing for Mac.

the swf runs fine on the mac, the exe runs fine on windows but the .app launches with no errors but never shows.

Rich

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.