Issues with Java - OS X Tiger

Reaction score
I've had my Mac Book Pro for almost three years now, and I have the warranty so I can just take it in when I'm home for Christmas, but I figured I'd ask here.

I have OS X 1.4 Tiger (uh, not sure on that last number in there - 1.4.x... I got it mid April of 2007). I've never had issues with Java before this and it's always been fine, but when I've tried to go onto some game websites (pogo for example) that I've used before it can no longer read that I have Java enabled or updated, when both are happening.

They just told me to uninstall and reinstall Java.. which I would do if I knew how. Should I just delete all of my Java files? Is there any easier way? How can I check to see if my Java is working properly?

What is the most recent edition of Java? My software update has always done it for me so I've never kept track :)Sleeping:) Would it just pop up in my software update if I uninstall it so I know I have the most recent version?

I've never had a software issue on my Mac where I've had to uninstall and reinstall something, so I feel kinda dumb right now. This is my first time using a Mac, we've always had PCs before this.

Thanks to anyone that helps!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Ok download this and run it and it should pop in the latest of updates for u.

OP
H
Reaction score
Mac OS X Update Combined (PowerPC) cannot be installed on this computer.

That popped up when I opened that package. Alas. I suppose I have a different OS X than OS X 10.4.11. Probably 10.4.10 or something....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Ok sorry sent u the wrong link there will be this one for Intel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.