X plane 9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb
Hey everyone. I'm getting X plane for Christmas and was wondering if I can play it on full settings with my Macbook Pro. Its a 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb Ram. I see the graphics on youtube and they look amazing. I was just wondering if my specs will allow me to enjoy the game to its fullest potential. Oh yeah, its the June 09 unibody with the integrated graphics card. 9600m gt.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can run X-Plane on an integrated chipset like the Intel GMA X3100 (not really recommended since it's slow) so you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever playing it on your machine.

The only thing I do not like about X-Plane is that the master DVD must be in the drive at all times to run the simulator. But that might not be annoying to you.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
You can see how well your system can play it by downloading the Demo on their official website.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb
Noob Window 7 question.

Hey all, I just purchased xplane 9 and it it horrible!!! The game just plain sucks. I was wondering how and if I can install windows 7 64 bit on my macbook pro-june 2009 edition with leopard on it. Don't have snow leopard. Want to play FSX on my MBP. Also, I have it installed (FSX) on my crappy PC, and was wondering if I can use those same installation disks on my mac or do I have to buy another copy of FSX? Thanks in advance for any help. I just bought these really cool controls for xplane and want to play with them on FSX. Thanks again everyone!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
As long as it's an intel Mac, it should be able to run Bootcamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.