Can I transfer apps from an old iPhone to a new iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2.6ghz 4gb ram
Hi

After being a loyal blackberry user for quite a few years im thinking of getting an iphone as my personal mobile.

I did wonder if i buy quite a few apps for my iphone, if im pleased with it and in 18 months upgrade to a new one can i add the apps to my new phone? I know this is in the distant future but im just curious!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Apps are stored in your iTunes library. If you change phones, you can transfer the Apps to the new phone.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Furthermore, the apps are attached to your Apple ID, so as long as you know which apps you'd purchased before, you can always re-download them into iTunes and sync over to the iPhone (should you happen to lose your computer or something)..

Regards

Reaction score
Furthermore, the apps are attached to your Apple ID, so as long as you know which apps you'd purchased before, you can always re-download them into iTunes and sync over to the iPhone (should you happen to lose your computer or something)..

Regards

up to 5 times though. So hopefully your preference in apps changes after you have gone through 5 machines. I think you have to repurchase them after that, but I am not sure I haven't gotten to the 5th machine yet

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
up to 5 times though. So hopefully your preference in apps changes after you have gone through 5 machines. I think you have to repurchase them after that, but I am not sure I haven't gotten to the 5th machine yet

Ohh..that's good to know, I didn't know about this limitation. Thankfully I've only had to download it a couple of times..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

No, you simply have to deauthorize the other machines. I believe you're allowed to deauthorize all computers once or twice a year. It really shouldn't come to that unless you have some serious issues where you're going through 10-15 computers a year :p

Reaction score
No, you simply have to deauthorize the other machines. I believe you're allowed to deauthorize all computers once or twice a year. It really shouldn't come to that unless you have some serious issues where you're going through 10-15 computers a year :p

I did not know you could de-authorize that is good to know. Is that a fairly easy process. I have a macbook pro that died and I would like to remove that machine from my account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Go to the iTunes Store, click on your username and then you should see an option to deauthorize your machines. It will also tell you how many machines are authorized with your account, though it won't tell you specifically which ones. If the number is less than 5 then don't both doing it since you only get to deauthorize like once a year and it removes ALL of the machines that are authorized.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.