Harman Kardon soundsticks not working?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had these speakers plugged into my powerbook for ages now (they are only about 3 months old) - they were working fine yesterday but not now!

When I turn the volume up to max I can hear a tiny noise if I hold the base hub blue glowy thing to my ear. And when I pull the jack out it normally makes a huge noise and also when you touch it. Today after inspecting it, it doesn't make any noise at all. I have checked all the wires and plugs etc.

Please help me I love my speakers and can't live without music, plus the fact that sending something back because it doesn't work is such a hassle!

Thanks

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I doubt, if this will help, but maybe check out the audio jack and input. Maybe they are dirty? Though, it maybe not be the problem, you need every troubleshooting solution at this point.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for replying iWhat - have just done that and re-booted powerbook, took all the plugs out and put them back in - but nothing.

Now there is absolute silence coming from it!!!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried to plug the speakers into anything else?

OP
S
Reaction score
Not yet - will try when boyfriend gets home and plug it into his laptop.

I don't think that would work, as the jack is not making that fuzzy feedback kinda noise when its touched.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks iWant for your posts.

Boyfriend got home and said he had turned down the volume on the actual soundsticks as I was in the bath and he didn't know how to turn it down on my powerbook.

Cue severe beatings!!!!

Thanks again!!!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Small giraffe said:
Thanks iWant for your posts.

Boyfriend got home and said he had turned down the volume on the actual soundsticks as I was in the bath and he didn't know how to turn it down on my powerbook.

Cue severe beatings!!!!

Thanks again!!!

Oh, lol! It happens to the best of us. :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.