Just introducing myself

Reaction score
I've had an Imac 24" for about 3 weeks now after using Windows since it was basically just "Windows", not even a version number, just windows.

I really like this machine and OSX (SL). I bought it used and it came with some additional software and an extra 250 gb external drive.

It also came with XP installed on a bootcamp partition which was nice cause I didnt have to do a thing. I only have 2 programs that I need to run under xp which arent available for osx.

I LOVE IT!!! This is like a new lease on my computing life!

Before i bought the imac I tried to install Windows 7 on my old computer but after 2 weeks of frustration I had to cut it loose.

I did however, have to plug my old two button microsoft mouse into the mac (I know, shame on me) 'cause that single button mouse really blows. Anyone with a peg-leg mouse doesnt know what they are missing

I have learned so much about osx since then and I'm eager to learn more.

Just wanted to let 'ya all know that you have a new convert and that I will probably be hanging out to bug you a little bit.

c'ya

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Welcome welcome! Glad you are enjoying your new Apple computer! And please, bug us a bit ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yes welcome droflex .... Great little community we have here. Im a switcher from back in May and have learnt so much from the knowledgeable we have in this forum.

Bug away ... And most of all enjoy your new toy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Welcome to the forums.! I too am a switcher, well, will be next month, and already doing my homework browsing these great forums for all the information, advice, and help I need to get me ready for MBP ownership.!

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks all. I'm glad to be here.

Mickyfin: I dont know how long youv'e been using computers but if switching for you is anything like my experience...Your life will be WAY easier.

No more babysitting the computer. Just using it as you wish.

I cant even believe it yet really. I wait for something weird to happen but it never does. i need to quit being so paranoid.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I did however, have to plug my old two button microsoft mouse into the mac (I know, shame on me) 'cause that single button mouse really blows.
I would have to agree with you here. I love normal mice. Give me two buttons Apple, I don't want my mouse to be "sexy", I want it to be functional.

Anyways, I still use a mouse that came with my old HP desktop and it is fantastic.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your experience with OSX!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I have to admit, I am really excited about getting my MBP, I can't remember being this excited about getting a new piece of technology before, even my last laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.