Dropped Macbook Pro charger in water

Reaction score
Overnight, my charger to my Macbook, the end that goes into the computer, fell into a cup of water. It was in there for probably about 5-8 hours, while the other end was plugged in the wall. :-( It has been about 48 hours since, is it okay to attempt to plug in my computer now?

Reaction score
I wouldn't try. If it doesn't fry itself, it'd fry your Macbook battery or something.

Reaction score
I'd just go buy a new one... it is much better safe than sorry wtih a $1200 piece of machinery.

-rockstate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
if i would do anything is put it in a bag of rice for at least for a couple days then get a voltmeter to see if it giving the right power to your mbp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
You know, it's just a magnet and four copper contacts. Once it's dried out it should be fine. Provided of course that it didn't short out in the water and burn up the transformer. If it did, then it would just be dead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.