Highest resolution with the mini

R

rosso

Hello this is my 1st post. Im about to buy a cute lil mac mini. I'd like to know whats the highest resolution I can have with it. Im about to link it to my 23" SONY CRT. Will the graphics card handle such a large monitor? Thanks

OP
K

Kokopelli

For a VGA connection the maximum resolution is 1920 by 1080. So if that works for you then you should be fine on the 23" Sony.

If you are in the market for an LCD, DVI connections have a max resolution of 1920 by 1200 by the way.

OP
R

rosso

Kokopelli said:
For a VGA connection the maximum resolution is 1920 by 1080. So if that works for you then you should be fine on the 23" Sony.

If you are in the market for an LCD, DVI connections have a max resolution of 1920 by 1200 by the way.

Below is the information on the spec of my monitor. Could you let me know if it can handle my monitor, it's a powerful DTP monitor. Thanks

http://www.sony-cp.com/en/products/archive/w900/ds-w900.pdf

OP
K

Kokopelli

Yes the mini can run this monitor, though not at max resolution. You can run it at 1920 x 1080 or lower. There are a number of presets that will work. Page 4, the section that says "specifications." Is there something there that was not clear?

OP
R

rosso

Kokopelli said:
Yes the mini can run this monitor, though not at max resolution. You can run it at 1920 x 1080 or lower. There are a number of presets that will work. Page 4, the section that says "specifications." Is there something there that was not clear?

Thank you kind sir!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.