What would be the Mac equivelant to Front Page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (Core 2 Duo)
I alter my Web Page with Microsoft Front Page, and it's easy to do, but I have to use my Windows machine for all Webpage stuff. Is there something comparable, or a way to run Front page on my Imac?

Thanks for the help

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, you can install Windows via one of several different means. Or you can look for a suitable alternative. Dreamweaver is the preeminent web development package in the industry, but it's expensive and has a bit of a learning curve.

For most people, I recommend Rapidweaver. Relatively cheap and pretty simple to use.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
For your front page software you can run it using a virtual machine, using Virtual box, VMFusion, parallel etc. There is also the option of dual OS via bootcamp.

Reaction score
You could also consider purchasing iLife which included iWeb. iWeb isn't a super powerful web page creator, but lets face it, Front Page is getting very long in the tooth. If money is not an object there are many very powerful web design products for Mac as well. Considering how badly Front Page rapes html you would be better off using iWeb or learning html. You can also create documents in OpenOffice and export them as web pages if you don't need anything too complex.

If you can't give up Front Page, I would recommend Sun's VirtualBox (free), and a copy of Windows XP.

261c5f98856ba30dd83c27b6dc8a82fe.png

OP
Woodensail
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (Core 2 Duo)
You could also consider purchasing iLife which included iWeb. iWeb isn't a super powerful web page creator, but lets face it, Front Page is getting very long in the tooth. If money is not an object there are many very powerful web design products for Mac as well. Considering how badly Front Page rapes html you would be better off using iWeb or learning html. You can also create documents in OpenOffice and export them as web pages if you don't need anything too complex.

If you can't give up Front Page, I would recommend Sun's VirtualBox (free), and a copy of Windows XP.
I do have Ilife, but didn't see Iweb in there. Could I have a limited version of Ilife?

EDIT: Okay, I have found Iweb, but it's very restricted, and also want's to use something called Mobile me, which is not at all something I need to sign up and pay for.
With Front Page, you can bring up your active site, click Front Page, and rearrange and publish with a couple clicks. Is there anything like that for Mac?
This is what my site looks like Woodensail.com which is very simple with no flashy gizmos or decoration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.