problem with CD burning

Reaction score
I'm totally new to Apple Mac and this forum. Basically I need to get 3 pieces of music from Garageband onto a CD. I have completed the task but the music will not play on a standard CD player. I know I am being completely thick but is this because it is in the format of GArageband and will not play on anything other.

If that is the case how can I save the music in a different format and get the music onto a CD to play on a standard CD player. I need this music on a CD for my father-in-law's funeral and therefore it is pretty urgent.

I would really appreciate someone's help and in my basic language!!

Cheers
Tracy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
So you are doing Share > Burn Song to CD and it is not working. I have never used GB before, but just trying to help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You could also go to Share > Send Song to iTunes for each song and then when each song is in iTunes, put them in a playlist and burn the playlist. This way, you would have each song on one CD.

OP
S
Reaction score
I didnt use Share but will have a go. I did manage to get all 3 songs onto a disk but they appear to be in GB format????

I used GB as I had a 30 minute piece of music and only wanted 2 x 4 minute sections and could only think of GB to use to enable me to isolate these sections.

I used Finder to find the files saved in GB and then drag and dropped to the empty disk and then burnt from there. First time ever that I have ever burned to a CD, I said I was a newbie!!!

I will have a go of Share> Burn to CD.

Cheers
Tracy

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The way you did it, as you found out, simply burnt a data disc with the GB files. You need to create an audio CD which GB should create if you instruct it to burn the song to CD or if you use iTunes.

OP
S
Reaction score
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I created the playlist as you suggested Vansmith and it worked! Thank you also Mdfuller for your quick response.

As you can appreciate it is pretty stressful at the minute and this has just helped so much.

Thank you again.

Tracy:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.