Safari asks if want to resend a form?

Reaction score
How do I stop safari to keep asking me if I want to resend a form or not. It gets real annoying. If I'm on a site like kijiji and look at full size pictures of an item, when I click to go back to the item description it always asks me if I want to resend the form. This never used to happen until about six months ago. Its getting real annoying. Is there a way I can turn this off? I looked in my safari preferences and there is nothing in there.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It's been happening in my Safari for the last 2 years at least. No, there is no way to turn it off that I've found. It's the only browser that does this of the 5 browsers I use. I agree, it is a royal pitr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
How do I stop safari to keep asking me if I want to resend a form or not. Is there a way I can turn this off? I looked in my safari preferences and there is nothing in there.

As a suggestion, find all cookies related to kijiji and delete them. Then, when reentering the site, be selective about which cookies you accept; or accept none at all. The site may require cookies for secure transactions however. Trial and error will soon enough tell you.

Bobtomay - does adjusting the Prefs as shown in the attachment not change the secure form, in particular the javascript, which I believe is controlling the sending and receiving.

To Pilsner - bobtomay uses several browsers. May I suggest that you use 'horses for courses', and change to a browser like FFox or Camino for the kijiji site. The world doesn't begin and end with Safari.

View attachment Picture 1.pdf

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.