Help, Installing OSX

B

Basket_Case_24

HELP!!!! my friend has jus gave me a cd of Mac OSX Tiger and it wont load!! i open the disk and it says 'Install OSX Tiger' the windo opens and it says click restart to install. and when i restart it doesnt find the disk. it restarts off the hard disk!! ahh help!!

Reaction score
Basket_Case_24 said:
HELP!!!! my friend has jus gave me a cd of Mac OSX Tiger and it wont load!! i open the disk and it says 'Install OSX Tiger' the windo opens and it says click restart to install. and when i restart it doesnt find the disk. it restarts off the hard disk!! ahh help!!

Do you really expect to come on a Mac forum and have us tell you how to PIRATE Tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
When you insert the disk, open your System Prefs, select Startup disk, then select the OSX 10.4 disk. Close System Prefs and then restart your computer.

OP
B

Basket_Case_24

i do the system prefrences thing and then restart ma computer once i done this the white-gray screen appears in the center a folder appears (looks as if its from OS 9) with a question mark on, then it changes to a finder symbol on the folder then logs on as usual :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is this an actual store bought version of Tiger or is this a copy that your friend "obtained", shall we say....?

Reaction score
baggss said:
Is this an actual store bought version of Tiger or is this a copy that your friend "obtained", shall we say....?

What difference does it make if his friend uses it and then gives it to him it is still piracy.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If it's a Legit DVD of Tiger, it will boot from the DVD. With your machine there should be no problems at all. I have a feeling it's a Pirated copy. If so, you are on your own. Piracy is not condoned here on Mac Forums!

Tiger comes on ONE DVD. Not a CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I agree, even if its a retail version, it only is one license, so unless your friend uninstalls it from his mac and then gives it to you, its still pirating and illegal. what are your macs specs?

OP
C

code777

Yeah but unfortunately a lot of people are doing the above. I thought this is NOT possible for one person to buy and say have 5 others install using ONE key.

[edit] let me clarify the above. I know of someone that bought ONE copy of Tiger and installed it on 3 of his machines. Two are his (iMacG5 & Powerbook G4) and the other one is his wife's Powerbook G4. Still a no-no but he sees it as the system is only being used in one household and he owns all the computers... touchy subject indeed.

Oh well, I'm being a good boy and going out today to get it. I know I've been saying I'm holding off for another week or two but after using it on my friend's iMacs and Powerbooks I CAN NOT RESIST THE TIGER!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.