Not able to connect wirelessly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2.2GHz , 2gb RAM, 160gb HD. iPod 5g 30gb
i have a Belkin N wireless router (F5D8636au) but i cant connect to the wirless internet.

we have a windows desktop connected to it via lan and a windows laptop connected wirelessly, and they work fine. as well as this, my macbook connects to it via lan (as i am now)

but it just wont connect wirelessly. It recognises next doors wireless network, so airport works, but it wont recognise our network.

any thoughts on how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Try moving the computer into a room without anything to create interference and try there or call your ISP.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Does your Mac support 802.11N? If you're not broadcasting b or g and you're Mac does not support N, that may be your issue.

I don't actually know if this is a possible problem but it can't hurt to look into.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.