Windows Explorer Clone for OS X?

Reaction score
**RESOLVED** (See link below)

Hi all,

I know how incredibly strange this sounds that I actually want to clone something from Windows for Mac, hahaha :Smirk:

Before switching to Mac about two years ago, I was a huge Windows advocate. Needless to say, there is no way now I would ever go back to Windows. It simply doesn't compare to the Mac experience. There's just one thing I like better about Windows -- the Windows Explorer browser (not Internet Explorer). I find it much more useful than Finder. If you're not familiar with it, it's set up in list style with all the folders in cascading style down a single left-hand column, and the open folder shows in right-hand column. (See attached image) I just don't like the way Finder is set up with multiple columns. It's way easier to organize yourself with Windows Explorer.

Of course I can't much complain. In a direct comparison between the two operating systems, that's the single thing I can think of I like better about Windows. But it would be great to have that fixed.

Long story short, does anyone know of a Windows Explorer clone for Mac?

Thanks!!!

windows_explorer.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.