Error message after I installed anti virus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 " 2.8Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory, 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, Snow Leopard O/S
I received an error message after I installed an Anti Virus program for Mac.
the message was:
System/Library/Extension/CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact vendor for update.

Can anyone help me with this, what it means and how I can correct it. The program installed properly.
I am new to Apple and would like to learn properly. Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If it was caused by installing the A-V, best recommendation I can make is uninstall the anti-virus program.

There are at this time, no viruses that can affect OS X. It is an unnecessary application on your Mac.

What were you doing when you received this error message?

Reaction score
Mac system extension error

I have had the very same error and it was after installing the recent mac update which I did just after xmas 2009, Just before it asked me to complete the install with a restart, that message popped up... No idea what or where to find the application to re install it!

I am just about to do a gloabal search as its not bothered me until now when I tried to install an application from Elgato and it cant becuse these files are missing or installed in correctly.

Gotta say its a first for me for this to happen and Ive had my MAC since 1999 (not same machine lol)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.