Running a Classic Game on Leopard

Reaction score
I don't really know much about Macs and can't find easy instructions on how to do this. I have an old game on CD with a Mac version, and my computer keeps telling me I can't run it because Classic isn't supported any longer. I find it hard to believe that there is NO way to run this game on my newer Mac. Please help! I really want to play it and this has been extremely frustrating!:Angry-Tongue:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't really know much about Macs and can't find easy instructions on how to do this. I have an old game on CD with a Mac version, and my computer keeps telling me I can't run it because Classic isn't supported any longer. I find it hard to believe that there is NO way to run this game on my newer Mac. Please help! I really want to play it and this has been extremely frustrating!:Angry-Tongue:

No more "Classic" in OS 10.5. If you want to run an old OS 9 application you could install OS 10.4...or buy an older Mac & make that your "Classic" computer.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
The only way to do it is to ruin this and install a worse OS? That's is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of! Guess buying an old Mac is my option! Thanks...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The only way to do it is to ruin this and install a worse OS? That's is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of! Guess buying an old Mac is my option! Thanks...

To be honest...you really can't expect Apple to support OS9 forever. OS X was first released in 2001, and the last update to OS 9 (9.2.2) was released in the 2001-2002 timeframe...so that means it's been 7-8 years since OS 9 was discontinued.

The good news is you can buy something like an old G3 iMac for as little as $10 bucks...or even free if you're lucky!:)

Good luck,

- Nick

Reaction score

Hey..old stuff still works with the right hardware..Ill posting with OS9 right now.:D

Reaction score
He didn't say it wouldn't work, just that you can't expect Apple to continue to support a 9-year old legacy version of its OS. OS9 is great. Just old. Like me. :) I am still working too, just not getting much support from my manufacturer either!!! Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.