Safari / iTunes constantly crashing once uploaded

Reaction score
:( can anyone help me as this is driving me up the wall!!
The last two days, seemingly out of the blue, everytime I try and get on the Internet and open my homepage, it appears but then the beachball shows up, spins and spins and then it crashes. It has been impossible to keep safari open for any longer than a few seconds so makes it hard to restore or check settings.
I have tried syncing up my iPhone, but again iTunes crashes too.
I have restored the software using the discs but it's not making any difference.
Can anyone offer any solutions?!
I'm self employed and rely on my MacBook and Internet access so pulling my hair out!! Thanks very much for reading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Firstly, disconnect the router from the internet. Then, try opening Safari again. If it remains open, you need to reset it (under Safari in menu bar). Empty the cache as well.

If it will not remain open, then try repairing Permissions, preferably using Onyx Titanium Software.

If still no joy, then reboot your Mac from Install Disk 1 and run Disk Utility. There may be a volume (HD) problem that needs repair.

Are you willing to post your homepage url here? We can then check if it has faulty script that may be causing the browser crash. Did you design your homepage yourself? [I did one a few years ago that gave all sorts of problems - I had a guru check it, whereupon several script errors were found :(]

iTunes - hmm, puzzlement, but it may be related to the volume issue mentioned earlier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.