ipod touch + bluetooth

Reaction score
Hello

I have an ipod touch 2G and I wanted to know if I can use bluetooth headphones with it? or the 2G doesnt have bluetooth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Not sure about 3rd gen, but I have 1g, my wife has 2g, neither is equipped with BT.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
The second and third generation touches have bluetooth functionality. You need at least the 3.0 software to unlock it on the second generation. You will be able to use BT headphones, as I do it every day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, I didn't know that - I shall have to have a hard look at my wife's iTouch. I presume BT is accessible through the Settings menu then.

Gabo864 - sorry about the bum steer, I truly believed BT was not fitted to either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, apparently I was right.

** The iPod touch 2G has a built-in Broadcom BCM4325 "Bluetooth" chip that provides the Nike + iPod Sport Kit support. It does not otherwise support Bluetooth connectivity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
No, apparently I was right.

** The iPod touch 2G has a built-in Broadcom BCM4325 "Bluetooth" chip that provides the Nike + iPod Sport Kit support. It does not otherwise support Bluetooth connectivity.

Yes, it does support other connectivity. You need to have at least 3.0 software installed to unlock the bluetooth. Once 3.0 is installed you can go to \settings\general and there you will have the bluetooth section to add devices. I use bluetooth headphones every day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Weird, on another thread here, there is a comparison between 2g and 3g, the quote above came from that.

Well at least it's good news for a change. I love my iTouch, as does my wife - any 'extra' capability is great.

It's the best MP3 et al player I've ever used. Thanks JohnCL

It's not often a pleasure to be 'wrong', but this sure is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.