Recommended Retailers for Older OS X versions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Can anyone recommend where to purchase OS X v10.4?
Specifically for Apple Powerbook G4 1 GHz (15" Display w superdrive) currently v10.3.9 upgrading to Tiger 10.4.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can anyone recommend where to purchase OS X v10.4?
Specifically for Apple Powerbook G4 1 GHz (15" Display w superdrive) currently v10.3.9 upgrading to Tiger 10.4.

Ebay & Craig's List. You may find some internet vendors/stores still selling copies as well...but regardless...you're going to pay in excess of $100.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 266ghz, 4gig, 320gigHD, MacBook, 2.4ghz,250gigHD,4gigRam
You can do like I did and call the toll free number for Apple and tell them you would like a copy of Tiger. I received a DVD retail copy that I installed on my iBook clamshell and White iBook. Cost me a Whopping $16 plus Tx. (live SoCal)
If you just have a CD drive they will send CDs.

HTH, Rick. PS. I heard Apple my not be supporting Tiger anymore so you may be out of luck but hey its a free call!! I got my copy in June of this year!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You can do like I did and call the toll free number for Apple and tell them you would like a copy of Tiger. I received a DVD retail copy that I installed on my iBook clamshell and White iBook. Cost me a Whopping $16 plus Tx. (live SoCal)
If you just have a CD drive they will send CDs.

HTH, Rick. PS. I heard Apple my not be supporting Tiger anymore so you may be out of luck but hey its a free call!! I got my copy in June of this year!

Agreed, Apple only supports the last superseded version of OS (with Leopard>Tiger, and with Snow Leopard>Leopard), but with luck, there is leftover stock and a free call is all it will take to find out.... And please post your results after speaking to Apple, so others in the same position will know YES/NO Tiger discs from Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.