Question about my Safari,

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Laxd4.

Earlier today, on my facebook, i was roaming around and had an inbox message. i went to the message and saw that it was from a friend containing a link, the message said "hey i saww that viiideo yyesterday" I clicked the link and noticed a adult dating website, with a nudist. I would like to know, is there anyway to find out if i had received any type of virus from this?
I also scanned my computer with clamav, (i think thats what its called) and with iantivirus, would i be considered safe?

Thank you!

LAxd4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
I wouldn't worry to much considering I live in a house with 3 other people and I don't use an anti-virus at all and who knows what websites this computer has been on.

An anti-virus should find it unless its a newly developed virus but mac virus's are rare so I wouldn't get to worried.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A nasty site got hold of your friend's email address and probably "faked" a message from him\her. You need to inform your friend so he\she can remove the malware from their machine. They're probably running Windows.

As for your machine, other than the nasty site redirection, you have nothing to worry about. You can run ClamAV if you like but you didn't get a virus or malware.

BTW, lots of that type of malware or redirecting of sites are around especially on the social networks. Your Mac is considerably safe but don't push your luck.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.