Is there a MacPro that has a straight PCI slot?

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I am looking at buying a macpro (used) for recording and i want to run my original UAD 1 card. are there any older macpro's or powermacs even that have a straight up pci card that will allow me to do this. I am posting in this section because i figure this is the best place where people will know what a UAD 1 card is.
thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey everyone
I am looking at buying a macpro (used) for recording and i want to run my original UAD 1 card. are there any older macpro's or powermacs even that have a straight up pci card that will allow me to do this. I am posting in this section because i figure this is the best place where people will know what a UAD 1 card is.
thanks

Well I have to admit that I do not know what a "UAD 1" card is (or at least I don't recognize that acronym)!:(

All Mac Pro's have PCI-e expansion slots. A few Powermac G5 computers have PCI expansion slots (some have PCI-x & some have PCI-e). Most Powermac G4's have the "good old-fashioned" PCI expansion slots.

An important question would be...What model Macintosh computer is this PCI card coming out of?

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And as Nick stated the answer is no. All slots in your Mac Pro are PCIE and PCI cards will not work period.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.