Airport does not automatically reconnect to Wi-Fi when waking from sleep

Reaction score
Every since installing Snow Leopard, my Airport does not reconnect automatically when I wake from sleep. I have to manually reconnect it. I am running 10.6.2 and have all updates applied. Any thoughts/fixes? Thanks.

PS- Airport is the top service in the Network Preference Pane and my network is the first under preferred networks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
From southerndoc on Mac Rumors forum:

1. Open network preferences from your WiFi icon in the menu bar. Then click advanced. Delete the network that is giving you problems.

2. Open Keychain in the utilities folder of your hard drive. Find the passwords that are stored for your particular network and delete them. There may be multiple passwords for your network, so search carefully.

3. Repair permissions using the disk utility.

4. Reboot the computer.

5. Reenter your network data to log into the network.

Try it and see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
and if you have a laptop, then using a location for home and automatic for roaming can help keep a smoother operation. My feeling is many connections in Automatic including frequent connections to same Network can slow things a bit. In frequently used connection where u have a location set, make sure the DNS numbers show up for the ISP and if they don't add them manually.

Reaction score
Same problem here iMac G5 / 10.5.8 ; I have had the mac for many years and the problem is all new ( after may be I changed Hard drive).

I was easily solved :D:D:D:D:D just by the following procedure

1- remove from key chains my Airport password ( for some reason there were three keys for only one given airport)

2- delete the preferred network from Airport Preferences and recreate it

Tx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
................................ OLD: MBP 13" Mid 09 .......... NEW: MBP 13" Mid 12 ..........
system prefs
network
airport
advanced
under to box with the network names
remember network [tick]
disconnect when logging out [no tick]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.