10.6.2 slowdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
After installing 10.6 I noticed a slowdown in some applications; that seemed to be resolved by 10.6.1 - now, having installed 10.6.2, the problem returns. Even apparently simple functions like saving a Pages file result in the spinning beach ball before the drop down menu drops down. Almost every click of the mouse to perform any function has the same effect.

Is anyone else having this problem? The machine is a 24" iMac, bought in April this year, with the standard spec of that model.

Any leads to links that deal with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Many reasons cause slow down if you have a lot of room taken up on your hard drive try using this

Disk Inventory X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I think it's the RAM is filling up when you're using the graphics card (I experience the same after WoWing for a bit on my nvidia 9400m) and not clearing itself properly.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Thanks for the help - I doubt if it is graphics related since I'm not into heavy use of graphics. It's probably the result of having 15 or more apps running at the same time :) Perhaps 4gb of ram is not enough!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.