Looking for something like Nero?

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a MacBook Pro and have hopes to convert all my computers in the house to Mac's. Since I am used to PC's (but frustrated by them all too often) I am not sure of all the software out there to do what I am used to doing. I noticed there doesn't seem to be a version of Nero for Mac, so is there something similar you guys use? Other than copying & burning music and data I want something that will write VOB files on a DVD so it is playable in a DVD player. While on that subject I also use DVD Shrink quite often, is there a similar piece of software for ripping DVD's? On a slightly different subject I am unsure of which Mac version of Photoshop is like PS9 or PS CS2. I like the clone, rubber stamp and other similar editing tools. So in a nutshell if I can find Mac software to replace Nero, DVD Shrink, Photoshop and a conversion program such as WINAVI or something to convert from DVD to AVI, AVI to DVD, AVI to MP4, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated so I can get these PC's out of here.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
For the burning I would look at Roxio Toast. I use Burn as it is free, but it does not have near the features that Toast has. Check out Handbrake as well. I will let the others chime in on the rest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Definitely Toast, it's basically the same as Nero, but better. And I'll second Handbrake for Avi stuff, backed up by ffmpegX, because it allows you to stitch Avi's together etc.

OP
yzfmik
Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far! I DL'ed Handbrake & ffmpegX and they seem as if they will do the job. I have pretty much decided to buy Photoshop Elements & Toast. Also does anyone know if Photoshop Elements & Toast will allow installs on multiple computers? My wife is interested in a MacBook and I also am going to purchase an iMac too. Thanks again for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I have installed Toast on 2 computers, no reason why not with Photoshop, though I'm sure the companies shun the idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.