Canon Pixma MP780 - Hooray!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
I just wanted to give a shout out to our new MP780 from Canon...it replaces an absolutely horrible Lexmark X6150 that has zippo support for anything other than MS Windows. I had been drooling over the MP780 for a while...I liked the looks...liked the separate ink tanks...liked the print quality and speed...liked the ADF and built in faxing...liked the dual paper paths, capacity and duplexing...

However...I didn't like the price ~299.99 most places...I didn't like not having a card reader or color display built in...I didn't like not having built in networking.

However I found it at Fry's the weekend before last with an instant rebate of $100 bringing the total to only $199.99...I bit and I've been very happy with it so far. Superb photo printing...easy to setup and use...much quieter than the Lexmark was...great paper handling (it's really nice having my labels in the printer and regular paper at the same time). I do wish it at least had some sort of built-in networking option...but I'll just do the printer sharing thing. I'd recommend this printer to anyone looking for a nice AIO to use with their Mac...I've been very happy with ours so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
another bump for canon. I bought the pixma ip3000 and it works great! best printer under $100

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
That's fantastic! I have what I would now class as a crappy HP which only cost £ 100 in its day (I think 2 years ago now) and which is also a photocopier, but because the connection at the back is kind of half-snapped, I do have issues with the connection ports. I should be looking for a new printer too but please don't say how cheap these things come in the USA! It's just u-n-f-a-i-r!!!

(And that's where I bought my very cool digi cam last year anyway, NYC!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.