New Imac and am in need of Speakers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21,5 tum:3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo;4GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 4670-grafik med 256 MB
Hi guys just bought my self a little present, Imac 21.5". I Really love it but i find the speakers to be abit weak for me and i'd love to get some thoughts on what speakers i should get. My budget is >600$. I was thinking of Bose® Companion® 5 or the Companion 3 model.

Really looking forward for ur inputs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Bose= status symbol/poor quality/waaaaaay too much $$

if you're really looking in that price range I must suggest that you try and listen to a pair of Focal's. They're a 2.1 system and one of the spakers houses an dock for an iPod or phone. But that's not the point. These sound fantastic.

Almost monitor like, but with hardly any profile. They're far less colored and more balanced than any computer speakers I've heard (not counting studio monitors). I think the modl is Xs.

If you want to spend less Han half of that, the Harmon Kardon SoundsticksII sound pretty darned good too. They're a bit more colored, but his isn't a bad thing, either.

Doug

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21,5 tum:3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo;4GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 4670-grafik med 256 MB
I am now thinking of extending my budget to some genelec speakers and sub:) thinking of a pair of 6010A with 5040A sub. Think those speakers will get some fire on the Media room!?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.