• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

which console is the best for sports gaming?

Reaction score
The question now is which system fits you best, and which one would you want to be playing sports games on?
we’ll look at the Xbox 360, a console that has become my go-to system since I got it earlier this year.
I’ve played Madden on the Wii and I liked it, until I played it on the Xbox 360 and the experience was so well done that I can never look at the Wii version again.

Reaction score
IMO, the best sports gaming console is the PS3. The controller is perfect for sports games.

The best shooter console is the 360.

The best gimmick console is the Wii.

I own all 3, but the Wii has only been played maybe 10 times since last xmas. The 360 and PS3 are used nearly everyday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
To be honest, the PS3 is easily the best console.

I use my 360 a lot more than my PS3 because of the online. Most of my friends have a 360 and not a PS3.

I have madden for the 360 and all of my shooters.

I am going to be getting Gran Turismo for my PS3 and Modern Warfare 2 for my Xbox 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I own a wii and a 360, I love the 360 my personal favorite, however the wii is a blast if your with a few friends. The best thing is find out what games it has and that you like to choice your system. I would suggest all three consoles, because all of them are good, it just depends on what you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I hace to say have a look at all 3 and pick the one that suits you the most as each person is different. But for me the Wii is the best. As you're closer to actualy playing the sport with the wiimote and giggling it around then just sitting your *** in the couch with a fat chunky cotroller.

Just my opinion though.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I rather enjoy just sitting my rear in my recliner with a fat chunky controller. ;D

If I wanted to be doing something, I'd go outside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
PS3 has the most options?

Unless microsoft has a sports game developer that does exclusives, PS3 has all the EA games and the 2K sports games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I have both. I have been buying all new games for the PS3 as my buddies have started picking them up. The 360 has a better online community, but I am sick of the noise, heat, and replacing the console. I am on my 4th one and I only use the thing for a few hours a week. Really starting to love the PS3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This is kind of like asking: "Which is better Mac or PC". There is no "right" answer, only subjective ones and you have to decide what you want is best for yourself in the end.

I rather enjoy just sitting my rear in my recliner with a fat chunky controller. ;D

If I wanted to be doing something, I'd go outside.

I am SO with you on that one Bob....

Reaction score
Looking at game variety, online community, and overall ratings, the xbox 360 is easily the best all around system. however, the PS3 has by far the best graphics. the Wii is great for parties and playing with your kids. but really, as the years go by, the 360 proves more and more that it is by far the best gaming console.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Looking at game variety, online community, and overall ratings, the xbox 360 is easily the best all around system. however, the PS3 has by far the best graphics. the Wii is great for parties and playing with your kids. but really, as the years go by, the 360 proves more and more that it is by far the best gaming console.

So does MS have a sports gaming division? Because Sony's sport division puts out some awesome games, leaving more of a variety as the PS3 gets all the EA games that the 360 gets.

Reaction score
So does MS have a sports gaming division? Because Sony's sport division puts out some awesome games, leaving more of a variety as the PS3 gets all the EA games that the 360 gets.

You got me on that one.. The sony sports division has more games then the MS one, but let's be honest here, EA makes the best sports game anyway and that's available for every system. My opinion stands. Xbox 360 is the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
IMO 360 has on of the biggest and best online experiences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I've also got a PS3, X360 and a Wii, but while I regard the PS3 as the far superior console, I use the X360 every day, and the PS3 maybe four times a month. Ironically, to me the X360 is like a Mac; when the two are presented to me, I find myself using the X360 more because of the UI. While it can be argued that they are both using an XMB of some kind, the X360 just seems to be quicker to access the information I want to access (game trailers, demos, friends, etc).

Anyway, getting onto the topic, I think the X360 would be the best for sports gaming as I find the controller nicer to use in terms of control, and the online community is a lot bigger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.