MacBook External Keyboard

Reaction score
Hi I have a problem with the external Apple keyboard I bought for my macbook. I disconnected the internal keyboard because my shift key was always pressed and apparently there is no fix for that (tried everything, literally). So I plugged in my external keyboard and now the only keys that seem to work are the volume controls and the caps lock lights on when I press it. Could it have something to do with the internal keyboard being disconnected? I really need to use my laptop because I have a bunch of school work to write and now I'm going bananas because of this. Maybe I could somehow reconnect my internal keyboard and disable it? I don't think there is any malfunction with the ext keyboard itself because I've plugged it to my ps3 and this is how I was able to post this. Any help would be kindly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Exactly how did you go about disconnecting your internal keyboard?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.