Bioshock!!!

Reaction score
I installed Bioshock and I started playing it.

Everytime I start up the game, I get this message:
Screenshot2009-11-26at120549PM.png

If I start a new game, it's fine. Runs smooth with no problems. However if I try to load a saved game, it goes to the loading screen and suddenly quits, getting this message:

Screenshot2009-11-26at120652PM.png

I ran software update, and NO LONGER get the first message. But, Bioshock STILL quits everytime I try to load a saved game. It's very frustrating. Anyone have a solution to the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
Are you on Snow Leopard? Looking online, it seems there's a driver issue and will be up to Apple to fix it at this point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
I haven't found any solution on the web. I'm guessing you'll just have to wait for an update on Apple or the game developer's end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24'" - 2.93GHz - 4GB - GT130
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know that we think we have worked out why BioShock is crashing when trying to load save games - it seems to be realted to unrecognised characters in the file path to the save game files, for example.

' Macintosh HD/Users/~/Library/Preferences/Feral Interactive/BioShock'

or

'Hå®∂ Dißk/Users/~/Library/Preferences/Feral Interactive/BioShock'

We will be attempting to support as many different characters as possible for the next patch but for now the only solution is to rename any folders that use unrecognized characters or have a space at the start of the folder name.

I hope this helps :)

JB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.