MBP 13inch need advice on hard drive!

WLT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 4GB RAM / 160G
Hi everyone, I just recently picked up my MBP 13inch laptop. I'm considering upgrading my hard drive since mine came with only 160GB hard drive. Any suggestions? (brand)

Also if I upgrade my hard drive would it void my warranty with Apple? I'm looking to upgrade to 500GB/7200rpm hard drive.

Let me know...

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'm sure you'll have a lot of people telling you to go with an Seagate, but I don't trust them by a long shot. They used to be really reputable back in the day as far as I remember, but they are now Maxtor, essentially, and I loathe Maxtor.

In fact, I had bought a portable Seagate HD (500 gig firewire) last year, and it is turned into a paperweight about 3 months after the purchase. Wasn't readable or mountable at all. And trying to get in touch with customer service was just impossible. I now stay away from them, no matter how good of a review their products get on here.

On the other hand, in my entire life I've had nothing but positive experiences with Western Digital drives. Both internal and external. I currently have a several year old 500 gig MyBook (only USB 2) and it works great. I too am going to replace my 13" MBP's HD with an upgrade, and will likely be a WD.

But instead of telling you which one etc.. I'm going to do you another favor. There's a search button in the top menu. Hit it. Enter into the search box: "hard drive upgrade", and you shall find tons of threads with everything you're looking for. Sometimes, the search feature really does work.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Check your manual.. if it's like my wifes new macbook... it'll not only say it does not void your warranty.. it'll also tell you how to do it ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.