• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Cant play downloaded BT movies in vlc/QT

Reaction score
I have recently upgraded to leopard using a powerbookg4...my downloaded moves (bittorrent) do not work in vlc or QT..previously they worked fine in tiger..I can also play avi movies that were burned to disc..any ideas?
edit: reposted under video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Because the MPAA has finally caught up with you, hacked into your Mac and is at this very moment, watching you !

Now perhaps.. just perhaps, if you hadn't said that your movies were illegally downloaded , (cuz come on man.. we know it, you know it, your mom knows it and your dog, most definitely knows it!), you might have gotten some help. But, you said the magic word, which all forum mods and owners slight.. Yes kids the big Ol' {T} word !

The trick is, not to say where you got it from, K ? K.

Doug

BTW, I in no way, shape or form advocate downloading movies from t'rnt sites. And if anyone dares to say that it might have been a free independent movie.. stop it. I'm also not saying that I respect the lawyers or suits whom work for the MPAA.. they're equally disgraceful IMHO. Or the RIAA for that matter. Or any lawyer for that matter...

*stuffs foot back in proverbial orifice*

DougII

Oh tEh internetzes ! How much fun is this eh ? :D: ;D :Oops: O:) O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.