problems after snow leopard install failure

Reaction score
Hi, I tried to install snow leopard on my 3 mos. old macbook pro and received a failure message with the invalid node structure, rebuilding catalog B-tree message.

Not sure what to do, I tried booting up from the leopard install disk and it took about 15 minutes to boot up and everything is wonky, doesn't work right. My mail program in in chinese or Japanese, weird.

I have an appointment with the Apple store for Saturday since everything is supposed to be under warranty. Should I just wait for that or can I erase and re-install leopard? I am a new mac user so I don't really know much. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac 2.8GHz Core 2 duo, 4 GB and other stuff I don't know crap about.
I am new to the forums and I have an I mac and was wondering if I should upgrade to snow leopard. This is my first Mac and it has been awesome the last 2 years I have owned it!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Toe Cutter: Please do not "hi-jack" someone else's thread, especially with a different subject.

tanzyblue: Just keep your appointment with the Apple genius and let them sort it out for you. In the meantime watch football on TV. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.