Which would you buy?

Reaction score
I put up a thread last night looking for input on a nice dock/speaker system to use with my 3gs and was looking to stay around $150.00. After researching more I decided to up what I would spend on it and am now looking at the following two units. What input/advice do you have and have you used, or heard either of these?

iHome- Speaker System for Apple® iPod® and iPhone - Black
Model: iP1 | SKU: 9365705

Bose®- SoundDock® Series II Digital Music System for Apple® iPod® - Black
Model: SOUNDDOCK II BLK | SKU: 8896233

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I've not heard the iHome system, but I have heard the Bose SoundDock and it doesn't exactly reflect upon the rest of Bose's products. The clarity is great, but it does have a noticeable lack of bass that can be noticed in some songs. But this problem is going to be there for any system under around $300, so it's not really a relevant problem.

However, for around $150 it's definitely a good buy, I doubt you would find any better than it. I would recommend going to a Bose store or Best Buy / PCWorld to see what it sounds like for yourself.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best buy has them both on sale for$269.00. I was originally looking to stay around $150.00, but quickly realized that there is not much to choose from that is compatible with the 3gs in that price range.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Ah, ok. Either way, that's not a bad price because the sound quality is amazing from the Bose, but I haven't heard the iHome yet. Although I do remember the JBL Radial sounding pretty good compared to the Bose too, and it's around the same price, so I would recommend taking a look at that too. But yeah, you can't go wrong with the Bose for that price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.