DVI inputs on monitors

Reaction score
I have the 2006 MacBook with the Mini DVI output. Which of these monitors do you think would be easy to go with for a second monitor?

monitors.png

Does

Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

well the Mini DVI to DVI adaptor is $19 so i guess that answers that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I think the question is this - will the MacBook have issues with HDCP. I am thinking both would work, but I am not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you're getting a standard monitor, then you just need that mini DVI to DVI adapter. The DVI cable that comes with the monitor will work just fine.

Also, DVI-D is referring to the regular DVI connector on the monitor. So yea, you'll still need the adapter to connect to it.

OP
A
Reaction score
If you're getting a standard monitor, then you just need that mini DVI to DVI adapter. The DVI cable that comes with the monitor will work just fine.

Also, DVI-D is referring to the regular DVI connector on the monitor. So yea, you'll still need the adapter to connect to it.

Well the monitor is listed as DVI-D input and I know there difference between DVI and DVI-D is the 4 pins on the back that carry the analog signal, Am i to assume it will connect just fine?

I dont actually have the monitor with me, Its at my parents house and i have to go get it. xD i need to see the thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yep, should be no problem whatsoever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
Well the monitor is listed as DVI-D input and I know there difference between DVI and DVI-D is the 4 pins on the back that carry the analog signal, Am i to assume it will connect just fine?

I dont actually have the monitor with me, Its at my parents house and i have to go get it. xD i need to see the thing.

I'm running my macbook in clamshell mode with my new Acer 23" widescreen monitor and the mini dvi to dvi cable I got from the apple store fits perfectly fine with the dvi-d input on the back of the monitor. They will fit with each other just fine.

OP
A
Reaction score
but from the looks of it they are both Female and will not connect???

is the apple mini DV to DVI designed to be a convertor ONLY and not actually connect my two products , but allow me to run a DVI cable to them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.