Home family pc

Reaction score
So, I am a relatively new mac user (proud owner of a macbook almost 3 months old), but our family desktop (pc, dell, windows vista, 2 years old), crashed yesterday (really scary, things started to smell and burn etc.) so we'll have to get a new desktop soon. I was thinking of getting a mac mini, but would like some questions answered.

1) Do normal computer monitors fit on a mac mini? I looked at pictures of the mini's but couldn't find the slot for a standard monitor. The

2) Is it possible to have different languages for different users on OS X? I prefer using English as the interface language, but I know some family members will prefer their native language.

3) Is it possible to sinc Safari bookmarks with to computers?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
the answer to all of these is yes. You'll need a converter from min-dvi to vga or dvi for the video, these are much cheaper third party (like monoprice.com) than they are from Apple. Syncing, well.. there are probably other ways to do so, but since we have a .me account it simply syncs automatically... I'm sure there are other apps to pull that off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Actually, I think the mini-DVI cable is included with the Mac mini. Could someone please confirm?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It should be in the specs on the apple site.

Apple said:
In the box
Mac mini box

* Mac mini
* Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter
* 110W power adapter and power cord
* Install/restore DVDs
* Printed and electronic documentation

yep, but that only works if your monitor is DVI, if it's VGA you'll need a mini-dvi to vga

OP
P
Reaction score
Just checked, it's vga. Are you guys sure about the account/language thing? How would it work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Multiple languages are installed by default. Simply create the user, then login and go to the Languages preference pane and drag the desired language to the top.. For instance.. my user account is in English, but I have another in German

german.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.