Upgrading Video Cards?!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this might not be worth your time but if you could help it certainly would help me so much.

So this is the problem: I am trying to run Modern Warfare 2 on mac (YouTube - How to get modern warfare 2 for mac). I downloaded and unzipped the files, and clicked on Modern Warfare 2. Then I got this message:

Video Card or driver doesn't support large enough 3D textures.

These are my specs for my white macbook (oh and this really works, my friend has the new aluminum macbook with a better graphic cards and stuff so I saw him playing out MW2!!!)

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

Processor: 2.1 ghz Intel Core 2 duo

Memory: 3GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM ( I upgraded my ram from 1GB to 3GB, so I don't think that is a problem.)

If you have a solution for this, please tell me so that I can buy the proper Video Card or Driver for my macbook. Thanks for reading.

Oh, and if you need like more specifications of my macbook or something, just say so and I'll edit my post.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sorry, highly unlikely you'll get that game to run on the Intel X3100 video card.

No, you can't upgrade the video card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.