Tiger to Snow leopard

Reaction score
I am going to try to use Migration Assistant to transfer from Tiger to Snow Leopard. I haven't turned on my new Snow Leopard yet because I'm not sure how to do this. Could someone give me a tutorial of how to do this please? Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Back your data up first. Especially since Leopard users were complaining of losing all their data after upgrading and then logging in as a guest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D (Penryn) 2.8 GHz 4GB RAM
Gotta admit that babyt's response got a chuckle out of me!

But, to your question, when you get to the stage of being asked if you want to migrate your info it will walk you through the procedure. Mainly, it tells you to hook up a FW or Ethernet cable and decide what you want to migrate.

The loss of data problem won't affect you, or hardly anyone else, for a couple of reasons. You never used a guest account in Leopard on your new Mac and it was fixed in 10.6.1.

OP
S
Reaction score
I get it

I googled it and I understood ehh... 95%.
I still don't know if you click "to another computer" on Tiger or "from another computer" on SL. If it's possible to do either way, which one is safer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D (Penryn) 2.8 GHz 4GB RAM
Since you are installing Snow Leopard you would follow the instructions which will be going from the other computer to your Snow Leopard Mac.

I have found it to be intuitive and a great way to "migrate" your settings, etc. to the new Mac. I even migrate my Apps, in spite of some people saying you should install fresh.

I have never had a problem with my apps except when I went from a PPC G5 to my first Intel Mac and that was only with a couple of apps that I simply reinstalled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.