Saving webpages from Mac to PC

Reaction score
When looking up news articles on my Mac, I'll save the page to a flash drive. I then take the flash drive to work so I can print off the news articles. However, internet explorer won't read whatever format it's in. It works the other way around...when saving webpages on the flash drive from a PC, my Mac will open up the website right away. When saving webpages from a Mac, what is the best way to do it that'll allow a PC to open it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
When you say save, do you mean using File > Save As… or dragging a link to the page to your flash? If it's the former, it should work both ways. For the latter, however, you will run into that problem. In that case, it's probably just best to save the URL to a text file (or even copy it into TextEdit to make a link and save as RTF) and then open that and copy it into Internet Explorer's address bar on the Windows computer.

OP
T
Reaction score
I Save As WebArchive...won't open on a PC that way. I've never tried to drag a link. So essentially, you can't convert an Internet Shortcut from Mac to PC?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have had the same problem with the Web Archive feature. Since all you want to do is move the file for PC for printing, try the following. On the Mac side when you get to a page that you want to print go to the browser's File Menu and choose Print. When the Print dialog appears there should be a PDF button in the lower left of the screen. If you click on the downward arrow one of the options is to Save as PDF. Those usually print fine on the PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.