Uploading Photos via "Media" tab. Can you get Labels for events?

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I have a lot events in iPhoto and it takes ages to find which event I want without the labels I have made in iPhoto.

Is there any way to see the labels in the upload screen?

Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I have a lot events in iPhoto and it takes ages to find which event I want without the labels I have made in iPhoto.

Is there any way to see the labels in the upload screen?

Thanks guys.

I don't think there is anyway to do that, but relying on Events to search for photos will get harder and harder as you add more Events, this is the same as using folders to drop photos in, soon you will forget which Event has what photos. If you use "Keywords" and "Smart Albums" you will be able to find any photo you want in seconds and they will show up in the media tab's upload screen like you want. You can add more than one Keyword per photo and have photos show up in several Smart Albums to make your searches that much easier. There are a lot of good ways to organize your photos in iPhoto to make it easy to find the ones you want, but I don't think Events is one of them, That's just a place to from when you import new photos. Once you get origanized you can use the Search bar at the bottom of iPhoto to find any photo with just a few key strokes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't think that this is exactly what you are looking for, but if you have labeled them in iPhoto, and know what you are looking for, then you should be able to use Automator, and create a workflow starting with "screenshot attached"

I also label photo's in my picture folder, as majority of them I have added/created in groups, so I just arrange by date, and then label the big groups using automator, and scroll through the leftovers.

It then makes it easy to move and have organized copies in iphoto.

Once again, it takes time, but once on top of it, pictures are really easy to locate in iPhoto and pictures folder.

Screen shot 2009-11-27 at 6.27.56 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.