Wireless Keyboard problems

Reaction score
I just switched to a 27" iMac. The keyboard signal keeps dropping. A popup shows up at the bottom center of my screen that says "signal lost" with an picture of the keyboard, and then about 10 seconds later, it reconnects, but not after having typed out about 100 repetitions of the last character I typed on the screen. I changed my batteries in the keyboard thinking that maybe the ones that came in the keyboard were weak. No dice. Is this keyboard bad? I have already called Apple care about another issue before, and, honestly, I don't feel like dealing with another foreigner who can barely speak English (who then proceeds to tell me that the problem I was having with my internet speed being bad was not due to the Mac, which is total hogwash because the PC on the same router downloading the same file from the same site would get triple the download speed, and, a virtual Windows 7 machine running under Parallels on the SAME MAC would get full speed).

Thanks,

Kirk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
years ago i had similar issue with G4 PowerBook and wireless keyboard and it turned out to be the board that the G4 was sitting on was between laptop and keyboard and blocking signal - removed board and problems disappeared. In your case i would b looking for something between keyboard and iMac or interference from another device.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well, the keyboard is less than a foot away from the Mac, and, there's nothing nearby that is wireless (besides the mouse) or wired that can generate any kind of interference. There's nothing else electronic in this room with the computer, actually, besides the router and DSL modem, which is about 10 feet away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.