Best iPhone Headset?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Hey,

I've recently got an iPhone 3G (and I'm LOVING it =D) but I'm a bit of an audiophile and I've been through 4 sets of iPod headphones on my iPod touch and I'm not going to go into the various negative things I could say about them, but I'm looking for a new iPhone headset.

I'd like some in-ear headphones for £80 or less (around $140 or less) that has a remote on it and a microphone that I can use on the iPhone for changing tracks and receiving calls. So far I've been looking at the Sennheiser CX300s in the Apple Store, but I'm still not sure yet.

Could anyone help me with my decision?

Reaction score
I'd love to hear about what you have to say about the Apple ear plugs, purely interested... not looking for a forum fight;D.

Personally I think they're great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I would like a wireless set that is as good as the Apple jobbies.

OP
DriftNismo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Primarily;

- Build Quality
I've been through 4 sets of apple headphones (2 of which had covers over the earpieces) and all of them have fallen apart (1st set took about 3 months of little use, 2nd and 3rd sets fell apart within 2 weeks and 4th set fell apart in about a month of everyday use), and almost everyone I know has gone for different headphones due to build or sound quality.
- Sound Quality
Aside from Skullcandys and airplane headphones I've never heard headphones with such a lack of bass and clarity. I've had various unbranded chinese £1 headphones from boot sales that sound much better than Apple's excuse for a £30 headset.

Well, a bit of god-forbidden Apple bashing later I see an argument coming on :|.

Anyway, I'm not going to talk about it any further as there's no way I'm even glancing at another set. Anyone got any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Why not just go with a set bluetooth stereo headphones? The new Motorola S9 HD are much better than the original, they have a controls on the side and allow for the music and calls.

OP
DriftNismo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why not just go with a set bluetooth stereo headphones? The new Motorola S9 HD are much better than the original, they have a controls on the side and allow for the music and calls.

Yeah, that's an idea... I suppose they'd be easier to pack away than wired in-ears. I'll take a look at them later, ty.

EDIT: They look pretty good, but the Jabra Halo Wireless Headset has caught my eye too. Do they sound any good? Unfortunately the Apple Store (or all the ones near me anyway) only ever have Bose and Sony to listen to :p.

OP
DriftNismo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here is what I use 8 hours aday and just love them.

ZAGG | Z.buds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones

hope this helps
clay

Hmmm... I've never seen them before, I'll look into them soon.

Well, i'm now torn between the Monster Beats Tours and the Shure SE310s. After a while of various review reading from various sites I've heard that the Beats have great mids and bass, but not that great highs or fit, and that the SE310s have good mids and great highs and better fit. I'll be using them for about 2 hours a day while walking and possibly 2-4 hours at home and will be listening to a mix of metal, hip hop, techno, indy, ambient and watching movies (possibly playing FPS games). Does anyone know which of the two would be better for these needs? Or know of any others still for around the same price that may suit me better? The gaming is not that common, and movies are normally watched with my Bose on-ears, but these will be used the most for music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
I have a set of Shure's with the in line mic and remote. I couldn't be happier with them Blocks outside sound and the music sounds phenomenal through them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.