Ipod touch 2g vs 3g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 DP 867MHz MDD, 660GB HD Space, 1.5GB RAM, Radeon 9000 PRO, Superdrive
I was looking towards upgrading to an ipod touch within a month or two. I was looking between the 32GB models, a 32GB refurb from the apple store or the current generation 32GB. I've read about the faster processor thing but how much better is the 3g over the 2g, and how will the average person see that difference? Do either of them support flash? how is the wifi on it, and are there any issues I should know of? is a new 3g really worth the $50 extra over the refurbed 2g? and do either require specific headphones like I know the shuffle does, the pic of the 32gig touch shows volume control on the headphones and that has me slightly worried that I will have to pay $50 if I ever want to buy new headphones.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 DP 867MHz MDD, 660GB HD Space, 1.5GB RAM, Radeon 9000 PRO, Superdrive
Can anyone who has owned either tell me of their likes and dislikes, specifically in terms of hardware?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I have an iPhone 3GS, so I can't comment on the Touch, but I can pick off a couple of your concerns. Neither will support Flash at this time, and although Apple now offers headphones with the controls on the cord, the iPhone is backward compatible with all headphones. You can still use the controls on the iPhone even if they are duplicated on the cord of the headphones. I'm sure the Touch is set up similarly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.