Macbook Pro Bridge

Reaction score
Hi,
Im trying to play xbox live on my xbox 360 through a network bridge (wifi to ethernet) it works on a pc but when i try it on a mac it wont connect.
To bridge the connections on my mac y just turned internet sharing on and checked the ethernet option. is this how you do it?

Thanks

Reaction score
here is a quick guide to getting your 360 on live, without forking out for a new router, or M$ offical wifi gizmo.

- connect 360 to macbook with an ethernet cable (crossover)

- under system preferences in mac os x (sharing), share the ethernet connection with airport

- give your macbook a static ip address, and also give your 360 a static one too (not the same though)

- open up terminal and type 'ifconfig en*' (en0 = ethernet en1 = airport), and use this info to complete the rest of the manual tcp/ip settings)

- in the firewall settings, enable personnel web sharing, and disable 'block udp traffic' (or you get mtu error)

xbox live uses ports 88 and 3074, so you may also want to log onto your wifi router and forward these ports (udp 88, udp/tcp 3074)

if you now test the xbox live connection on the 360, it should pass all tests (don't worry if it says moderate)

OP
I
Reaction score

it wont work when i type the command you gave me i got:
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `en0'
this error.
plus when i try to give my macbook a static ip address internet stops working (i checked no1 was using that ip address already)

another suggestion?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.