MacBook Trackpad Button Stopped Working

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a MacBook, its probably close to 3 years old now and all of a sudden the trackpad button has stopped working. Any suggestions on how to get it back up and running would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I am using the tap-to-click on the trackpad but being a creature of habit am finding it fairly frustrating!
As I said before, any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Well if you removed the battery or something, you may have messed up the trackpad.

If you look underneath the trackpad in the battery compartment, you can see a copper wire that extends from a circular indent in the metal.

If it's dislodged you could press it in with a cottonstick you use to clean your ears.

Hope this helps

OP
S
Reaction score
Well if you removed the battery or something, you may have messed up the trackpad.

If you look underneath the trackpad in the battery compartment, you can see a copper wire that extends from a circular indent in the metal.

If it's dislodged you could press it in with a cottonstick you use to clean your ears.

Hope this helps

thanks for this, unfortunately this does not seem to be the issue, the copper wire is still in place. The button still clicks but there is no action from the mouse.
most frustrating, any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.